Tuesday, June 21, 2011

End of Week 2 - The Results Edition

It's been two weeks! And that means results! Here are the stats:

Weight: 192lbs. down from 195 for a total weight loss of 10 lbs since I started two weeks ago!!!
Waist: The same:(
Gut: 42 inches down from 43 for a total of two inches lost!!!!
Arms and Legs - the same


So, I am pretty stoked about my results. Ten pounds in two weeks is so awesome!! Tonight, in honor of practicing moderation and since my strict two weeks are over, I treated myself. I did NOT cook dinner! Nick and I still chose a healthy option from a local place but it was nice not to have to cook. AND the ultimate treat....I had my first beer from our home brew. YUM!! I've been drinking it for 45 minutes and I can tell there has been a fundamental switch in my brain that has gone off. I don't feel the need to have ten more. One is delicious, enjoyable and enough. :) I haven't freaked out or eaten all of the junk still remaining in my home. I think I can do this! From here on out, the weight loss will be slower, but sticking to my healthy plan, I anticipate at least a pound a week. That is still a loss! It may be more but I know I need to add exercise to see some real results. For right now, I am so glad that I am out of the danger zone. Each pound lost takes me one step closer to that red ribbon at the end of race. Tomorrow, I will continue with my healthy eating and not let my treats for this evening derail me. Strangely enough, normally, that previous statement would either be lip service or me trying to convice myself it's true, but since I've gone through these two weeks, I feel like it is more the truth than ever before.

I am in a good place right now, and I will hang on to this feeling to get me through the rough times.

1 comment:

  1. Just getting caught up from being gone a week - congratulations!!!! So happy to hear of your progress! I thought of you while away at my sorority convention, I got up every morning (but the last one, it was a full day of travel) and I hiked in the desert/mountains! One day we went 4 miles!

    ReplyDelete